Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Los Angeles vs. Caroline

Los 'The Big City' Angeles - 1,
Caroline 'The Energizer Bunny' - 0.
Next match: February 2014.
 
Courtesy of RACINGMIX, Flickr


After three months freelancing and working part-time in LA County, I'm back again in the California desert, sleeping on my parents' couch.

I had several interviews and even a few second interviews, but couldn't find a full-time job and even with two jobs, I wasn't getting nearly enough hours or assignments to continue paying the rent in the LA area. My family didn't expect it to work, but two of my cousins and a few acquaintances have successfully pulled off the jobless move, so I thought I could figure it out, too.

I wish the best of luck to the two wonderful roommates I left behind and hope to join them in Los Angeles again sometime soon.

Until then, here are some of my favorite motivational songs -- because sometimes life hands you your butt on a plate and it's hard to find your own optimistic words to spur yourself on.



We Are Kings, Tall Animals




Survivor, Destiny's Child



 Me Against the World, Superchick




Stand Up, Superchick



Super Trouper, Superchick




Dangerous Girl, Akon


 

Roar, Katy Perry



Katy Perry, Firework



Alicia Keys, Girl On Fire



Beyoncé, Run the World



Unbreakable, Fireflight



Defying Gravity, Wicked




What are your favorite inspirational/motivational songs?

1 comment:

  1. The difficulty of dealing with this kind of disappointment is so tough, and so hard to fully put into words. But you're doing just that -- and you're showing that you're tougher than your circumstances.

    My BFF is a writer with an MFA from Iowa Writer's Workshop, and she hustles her ASS off. At present, she teaches an online class for kids in China, is writing a Cliff's Notes style summary of In Cold Blood for high school kids, is Skype counseling two high school seniors on their college app essays, is proofreading for undergrad papers, and working on a Fullbright application. She's actually moving back to Iowa City soon, partly because it's such a great hub for the writerly networking she scores all these gigs from. So anyway, I guess all this is to say that it's tough out there, but there are tons of outlets for your talents, and you're only going to discover more.

    ReplyDelete